Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Big Brother 10, Episode 2 POV

This episode kicked ass!!! I totally agree!!! I was shocked out how into it I was just barely into day two.

I totally underestimated the bombshell brigade. I'm glad our blog is so popular that I can publically apologize to them in this vast forum. Thank GOD someone saw the true snake in the grass here - Jessie with his "forked tongue" had nothing on Beret-loving Brian. (I know it's not technically a beret...but close enough.) You go, girls!

I can't believe nobody questioned Brian earlier!!!

Yes! I was sooo glad Libra stepped up and called Brian out to April and Hooters Waitress (still working on remembering names here). I was going to be pissed if they all followed him like a bunch of lemmings.

That whole "criminal mastermind" schtick was way too much...way too soon. I mean, he's promising the world to everyone and there's no way he can deliver. (He obviously read the Will Kirby Guide to Big Brother on the plane ride down from San Fran.) How could they not see this???

Okay, being the BB virgin, I was wondering if this was unusual behavior. I mean, Brain, can you at least unpack your suitcase before you start playing Wizard of Oz here? And is there a faster way to get the viewing audience to hate your guts?

As usual, the veto competition sucked. You'd think they'd time this stuff in advance (couldn't they get Chen out there in her nightie to give it a test run?). I ended up fast forwarding through some of it because it was just too damn long and, really...how many times do you need to see a tarred and feathered 75-year-old wallow around in honey? Speaking of absurd...why did all the girls get to wear cute jammies and Renny had to don the Esther Williams special? As I mentioned yesterday, she attended beauty school, so she - above all others - should know the best way to remove gooey stuff from her hair. Well, Steven might have an idea, too...
I actually watched the entire competition because I was certain that someone was going to slip on the goop and break a hip, or inhale some of that honey muck and need to be intubated. Plus I found it mildly amusing that all of the competitors looked thoroughly pissed off… no “whoop-tee-doo, I am on TV” happy faces there.

Anyway, Jessie wins and rips off his green tank a la the Incredible Hulk. Gag. Then house bands together and talks some sense into Jerry (who is without a doubt the most malleable reality contestant ever - good call, Pearl). Despite being conflicted, Jerry does the right thing and nominates Brian for eviction. Hell to the yeah.

I second the Hell to the yeah. I really hope Brian is the one that gets evicted because as annoying as Renny is, she is amusing. Plus there are already plenty of douche-bag meat heads in the house, there is only one old lady wacky woman sass machine.

Random highlights from this episode:

Memphis, knowing how the viewing audience gets confused by all the guys who look alike, wears a Memphis t-shirt constantly.
DIdn't Jerry look like the cutest Senior Olympics coach ever in the little outfit he wore to explain the veto competition??
Big Brother lists "Mixologist" in quotation marks. Glad even CBS realizes how absurd Memphis is.
Was it just me or did Renny just unabashedly throw on a wig before one of the house meetings? She is growing on me.
Is there some clause in the BB contract that states all house members under 65 must be either shirtless or in a bikini 85% of the time?
Interesting that son of a preacher man Ollie…”I promise I won’t embarrass the family” Ollie, was the first cast member to do a little backstabbing.

No comments: