Sunday, July 13, 2008

I Love Money Episode 1

I am not ashamed to admit that I have watched every season of Flavor of Love (Charm School included), I Love New York, and Rock of Love, and I thoroughly enjoyed every ghastly reality tv moment. So you can imagine my glee when I found out about VH1’s new show, I Love Money, which is comprised of cast members from these reality gems.




The premise of the show is nothing groundbreaking: cast members compete in soul sucking games and get eliminated one by one each week while the last cast member standing wins a hefty cash prize. The stroke of genius in this show is that VH1 has gathered former reality love-show stars (I am taking poetic license with the term stars here) to make up the cast and has essentially exposed their true intent for being on any reality show in the first place; the intent being cash of course. My only complaint is that they didn’t swing a deal with MTV and invite some of the cast from A Shot at Love with Tila Tequila as well. There is still hope for season two….

So without further ado, a few observations from the show opener which aired last Sunday:

First of all, I am rather disappointed with Heather’s lack of camera time.



She is one of my favorite celbutantes if for no other reason than you can tell she fancies herself to be of equal star caliber to Angelina Jolie. You could totally see it in her swagger when she appeared in Rock of Love 2.

What happened to Mr. Boston? I don’t remember him being so disturbing on I Love New York. He kind of came across like the token whitie, playing his dorkiness to his advantage. Maybe I have fallen prey to the power of suggestion of Brandi (which I am sure happens all the time), but Mr. Boston has gone from geeky to creepy.

I am sooooo glad that Midget Mac got cut first. He is an annoying asshole. And his izzle-fied homage to Snoop Dogg got old about one series ago. Someone must like him since he did make the cast in the first place, so what do you say we all get together and nominate him for the next Bachelor?

Whenever I watch a show like this, I subconsciously make a list of losers amongst the cast (not to imply that the rest of the cast are winners or anything). I don’t know what criteria my brain is ticking through to come up with this list, but here are the losers of I Love Money so far, according to Pearl: Entertainer, Heat, Midget Mac, Mr. Boston, Nibblz, and Toastee.

If you missed the first episode of I Love Money, fret not, the next I Love Money airs tonight on VH1 at 9pm.

~Pearl


No comments: